Saturday, May 18, 2013

Poems I Like for Les Murray

If I seriously find one other person who's not from my school (or who I've peer pressured) that's doing Murray I'll be so happy. Murray is a very cool chap but you never get any info on him because let's face it; he's not Hardy. Here are some Les poems that I think are especially worth studying.
  • An Absolutely Ordinary Rainbow
  • The Quality of Sprawl
  • The Mowed Hollow
  • Inside Ayers Rock
  • The Tin Wash Dish
  • On Home Beaches
  • Late Summer Fires
And hey, if you can figure out what the hell Bat's Ultrasound is about and you feel comfortable enough talking about it then go right ahead and do it because it's a great poem to talk about sound and his technique.  Yeah I know I just gave you a list and that's shitty but I like making lists and maybe later I'll talk more about the poems.

Btw, one of my favs by him is The Meaning of Existence but there's not as much to talk about when compared to the others, but feel free to use whatever poems you want, these are just the ones I feel comfortable enough talking about in terms of amount on content and actually understanding the content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

give me some feedback you greedy leeching bastards!